How To Declutter The Home Office
The home office can be a challenge to declutter for many people because it is the ‘catch-all’ location for mail and random paper documents.
When you don’t have time to go through a stack of papers the easy thing to do is lay them in the office so you don’t see them! Out of sight, out of mind, right?
This isn’t exactly how it works, unfortunately!
Eventually, these stacks become piles that take up hours of your time to go through, not to mention important papers can get lost that you need to tend to. If this sounds familiar and you want to completely stop the stacks, the best plan of action is to convert to a paperless office!
Head over to the post 10 Fast Steps To A Perfect Paperless Home Office for your step-by-step action plan to create your own paperless home office today! It isn’t that hard! 😉
As you get started on your decluttering mission, the following checklist, specifically designed for the home office, will give you a great start to getting this room in perfect ‘no-clutter’ condition!
Once you get your office decluttered and in tip-top shape, you will love it so much you will want to keep it looking fab.
With a small daily routine, this is easier than you might think!
Home Office Declutter Checklist
- Mail Clutter
- Paper Clutter
- Odds & Ends Office Supplies
- Appliance Manuals You No Longer Have Appliance
- Duplicate Documents (Certificates, Passport, Etc.)
- Tax Documents Past Required Years To Keep
- Unused Computer Equipment
- Unused Computer Gadgets
- Outdated Mortgage Documents
- Outdated Insurance Policy Documents
- Vehicle Maintenance Records Of Vehicles No Longer Own
- Receipts No Longer Needed
- Old Planners, Calendars & Notebooks
- Dried Out & Unuseable Pencils, Pens & Markers
- Books No Longer Needed
- Outdated Manuals (Appliance, Vehicle,
- Unfinished Crafts & Projects
- Old School Supplies
- Child’s Random School Papers
- Gift Cards With No Balance
- Items That Do Not Belong In This Room
- All Other Unused Items
- Broken Items
Save the checklist below to refer back to later or share it with a friend that is in ‘declutter mode’ and would love to have more direction and additional ideas! 😊
Declutter Checklists For Every Room & Area Of Your Home
Are you doing a complete declutter of your entire home?
Check out the declutter lists for every room and all areas of your house to give you an additional boost on your journey to a perfectly decluttered home!