How To Declutter The Coat & Hallway Closet
The coat and hallway closet is likely one of the smaller spaces in your home that you need to declutter.
It is also likely one of the spaces that have a lot of items that need to be discarded.
Cleaning supplies get pushed to the back behind shoes, brooms, and vacuums. Coats and jackets are still hanging that may no longer fit.
As you get started on your decluttering mission, the following checklist, specifically designed for the coat and hallway closet, will give you a great start to getting this room in perfect ‘no-clutter’ condition!
Coat & Hallway Closet Declutter Checklist
- Cleaning Rags, Tools & Supplies
- Broken Or Unused Vacuum & Shampooer
- Damaged Or Worn Out Brooms, Mops & Dustpans
- Dated Or Unused Bags & Luggage
- Seasonal Jackets & Coats That No Longer Fit
- Seasonal Jackets & Coats You No Longer Like
- Damaged Or Unused Hats, Scarves, Gloves & Mittens
- Damaged Or Unused Shoes
- Gym Bags & Fitness Gear
- Torn Or Excessive Gift Wrap Paper
- Stray Batteries
- Damaged Flashlights
- Electronic Gadgets, Chargers, Etc.
- CD’s, Movies, DVDs & Video Games
- Damaged Or Unusable Umbrellas
- Pet Leashes
- Pet Toys
- Backpacks, Totes, Bags, Backpacks & Purses
- Duplicates Of Any Item
- Items That Do Not Belong In These Areas
- All Other Unused Items
- Broken Items
Save the checklist below to refer back to later or share it with a friend that is in ‘declutter mode’ and would love to have more direction and additional ideas! 😊
Declutter Checklists For Every Room & Area Of Your Home
Are you doing a complete declutter of your entire home?
Check out the declutter lists for every room and all areas of your house to give you an additional boost on your journey to a perfectly decluttered home!